POLYCOM SOUNDSTATION IP 5000 OVERVIEW
Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 is a conference phone ideal for smaller conference rooms and executive offices. The SoundStation IP 5000 is optimized for a call with up to 6 active participants.
- The patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity™ ensures clear and lifelike audio, catching both low and high vocal frequencies.
- Wide-ranging SIP interoperability.
- Microphone smoothly relays up 6 different voices in the room with a sensitivity allowing normal speaking voices to be heard up to 2 meters (7 feet) away.
- Full-duplex technology ensures there are no distracting drop-outs or missed words.
- Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides a simple setup.
LED light status indicator.
||A call is on mute.
||A call is on hold.
||Dial-tone is available, or a call is in progress.
||A call is coming in.
Menu key. Access the main menu, features, settings, and configuration information. You can use this key to exit a screen view and return to the idle screen.
Volume control keys. Turn up or down the volume of the ringer and speaker.
Dial keys. Standard 12-key phone dial pad, allows you to make calls and enter characters as indicated by the letters in the superscript font.
Display screen. Access multiple menus and features, such as the handset phonebook, your call log, and system settings.
Soft keys. These keys allow you to choose various context-specific options as displayed on the screen directly above them.
Place/answer/end call key. This key is used after dialing a number to place a call, to answer an incoming call, and to end a call.
Redial key. Redial the call you placed.
Mute key. Mute your microphone audio from being heard. You can toggle this the key to turn the microphone on and off.
THE DISPLAY SCREEN ICONOGRAPHY
- Line and Call icon. This icon is located in the top left corner, the icon changes to indicate various line and call statuses.
- New missed calls
- DND (Do not disturb), if enabled.
Calling and Answering
While on a call, the display screen will show the number and name of the connected party.
The SoundStation IP 5000 can handle up to 8 calls on hold at one time, but can have only one active call at a time.
If you have any calls on hold, you will see a fraction in the top right corner. The denominator indicates the number of calls on hold while the numerator indicates which call is currently connected.
PHONE STATUS INDICATORS
Solid red: A muted call.
Flashing red: A held call.
Solid green: Dial-tone is available, or a call is in progress.
Flashing green: A call is coming in.
Line and Call Icon