POLYCOM SOUNDSTATION IP 5000 OVERVIEW
Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 is a conference phone ideal for smaller conference rooms and executive offices. The SoundStation IP 5000 is optimized for a call with up to 6 active participants.
- The patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity™ ensures clear and lifelike audio, catching both low and high vocal frequencies.
- Wide-ranging SIP interoperability.
- Microphone smoothly relays up 6 different voices in the room with a sensitivity allowing normal speaking voices to be heard up to 2 meters (7 feet) away.
- Full-duplex technology ensures there are no distracting drop-outs or missed words.
- Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides a simple setup.
- LED light status indicator.
|Solid Red||A call is on mute.|
|Flashing Red ||A call is on hold. |
|Solid Green||Dial-tone is available, or a call is in progress. |
|Flashing Green||A call is coming in. |
- Menu key. Access the main menu, features, settings, and configuration information. You can use this key to exit a screen view and return to the idle screen.
- Volume control keys. Turn up or down the volume of the ringer and speaker.
- Dial keys. Standard 12-key phone dial pad, allows you to make calls and enter characters as indicated by the letters in the superscript font.
- Display screen. Access multiple menus and features, such as the handset phonebook, your call log, and system settings.
- Soft keys. These keys allow you to choose various context-specific options as displayed on the screen directly above them.
- Place/answer/end call key. This key is used after dialing a number to place a call, to answer an incoming call, and to end a call.
- Redial key. Redial the call you placed.
- Mute key. Mute your microphone audio from being heard. You can toggle this the key to turn the microphone on and off.
THE DISPLAY SCREEN ICONOGRAPHY
- Line and Call icon. This icon is located in the top left corner, the icon changes to indicate various line and call statuses.
- New missed calls
- DND (Do not disturb), if enabled.
Calling and Answering
While on a call, the display screen will show the number and name of the connected party.
The SoundStation IP 5000 can handle up to 8 calls on hold at one time, but can have only one active call at a time.
If you have any calls on hold, you will see a fraction in the top right corner. The denominator indicates the number of calls on hold while the numerator indicates which call is currently connected.
PHONE STATUS INDICATORS
Solid red: A muted call.
Flashing red: A held call.
Solid green: Dial-tone is available, or a call is in progress.
Flashing green: A call is coming in.
Line and Call Icon