RECORD YOUR NAME FOR AUTO ATTENDANT DIRECTORY
If your company has an auto attendant directory, you need to record your name. Auto attendant directories give callers an option to search for employees by their last name. Auto attendants are smart for your business as they save money, appear professional, help you avoid missed or misdirected calls, and provide a consistent experience for your clients.
HOW TO RECORD YOUR NAME
NOTE: Office managers and call center supervisors must be in “My Account” view to access their Messages tab.
- Click on the Messages tab in your SONAR portal.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under the Greetings section, click the speaker iicon next to Recorded Name.
- Select Record.
- Enter the number or extension you want to record your name on. If you are entering a number, it must be 10 digits with no spaces, dashes, or brackets.
- Click the Call button and follow the voice prompts.
- Record your message after the beep.
- Hit # to accept your new greeting.
- Click the Done button to save.
- Test how your recorded name turned out by calling in, pressing dial pad keys that correspond to the first three letters of your last name and listening to the auto attendant directory.