ADJUST YOUR RING DURATION
You may not think your ring duration is that important, but depending on your business and your client’s needs, you may be overlooking a chance to make a good impression. A longer ring duration gives more time to answer but results in more abandoned calls, while shorter ring durations timeout faster but result in more voicemails.
HOW TO CHANGE THE RING DURATION
NOTE: Office managers and call center supervisors must be in “My Account” view to access their answering rules.
- Click on the Answering Rules tab in SONAR.
- Click the drop-down menu located between "Ring for" and "Seconds" and choose how long you want your phone to ring for before the call is sent to voicemail.
- Every audible ring is approximately 3 seconds.
- The default ring duration is configured to 20 seconds.
- Shorter ring durations help avoid abandoned calls, resulting in more voicemails.
- Getting your timing right may take some trial and error – start at 20 seconds and increase in small increments.
- If you're forwarding calls to a mobile phone, your timeout should be adjusted to ensure callers don't reach your mobile voicemail.
- If forwarding calls, long-distance charges may apply depending on the number you are forwarding to and your Versature bundle.
- You can forward your calls to an international number by contacting our Technical Support Team at 611. International rates will apply.